TENTATIVE Plenary, Special Sessions, and Workshops
Tuesday February 2, 2016 Morning
Welcoming Address: Dr. Chris Williams, University of Delaware and Larry Hindman, Maryland DNR
Waterfowl Legacies: Pioneering Diplomacy, Science, and Management: Celebrating 100 Years of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and looking toward the future.
Organizer: David Trauger
Keynote Speakers: Jerry Serie
Wednesday February 3, 2016 Morning
Strengthening the Links Between Waterfowl Research and Management
Organizer: Tony Roberts
Thursday February 4, 2016 Morning
Integrated Population Models to Inform Waterfowl Ecology and Conservation.
Organizer: Todd Arnold and David Koons
1) Robert Clark, Environment Canada:
2) Michael Schaub, Swiss Ornithological Institute: “Inference about population processes by combining counts and demographic data using integrated population models”.
Friday February 5, 2016 Morning
Implementing the 2012 NAWMP Revision: Management Decisions to Integrate Multiple Objectives at Varying Scales.
Organizer: Dale Humburg
Monday February 1, 2016 Afternoon
- Remote spatial data collection for waterfowl: industry innovations, applications, and potential issues.
Organizers: Dave Brandt and Bart Ballard
Tuesday February 2, 2016 Afternoon
- Mexico’s Rich Waterfowl History, Contemporary Wetland Challenges, and Maintaining Anatid Biodiversity.
Organizers: Eduardo Carrera, Alberto Lafon, Leigh Fredrickson, and Sammy King
- Waterfowl & Water: The Crisis is Now
Organizer: Mark Petrie
- Foraging, Nutrition, and Energetics of Waterfowl: The Foundations of Habitat Management
Organizers: Scott McWilliams and Bruce Dugger
Tuesday February 2, 2016 Evening
- University-based Waterfowl Programs: Current and Future Roles
Richard M. Kaminski, J. Brian Davis, John M. Eadie, and Bart M. Ballard
- Student Mentor/Mentee workshop and networking
Wednesday February 3, 2016 Afternoon
- Evolution, Ecology, and Conservation of Monotypic Ducks. Organizers: Ron R. Bielefeld and Bruce D. Dugger
- Incorporation of Hydrologic and Geomorphic Variability in the Restoration of Natural Processes: The Foundation for Producing Sustainable Wetland Resources for Wetland Dependent Wildlife
Organizers: Leigh H. Fredrickson, Matt Bowyer, Murray Laubhan, and Adonia Henry
Thursday February 4, 2016 Afternoon
- Looking Ahead Toward Future Management of Shallow Lakes
Organizers: Nicole Hansel-Welch, Mark A. Hanson, Dale A. Wrubleski, Kyle D. Zimmer
- Collection, Calculations, and Bias in Waterfowl Harvest Estimates
Organizer:Craig A. Miller
Friday February 5, 2016 Afternoon
- Current Issues in the Conservation and Management of Sea Ducks
Organizer: Chris Dwyer
- The Pride of the Salt Marsh: Status and Future Conservation of the American black duck.
Organizer: Pat Devers